Translate

Wednesday 25 June 2014

#SaveOurSouls Cry Pupils of Abandoned Local Government run Community Primary School By Wilbros Road Bonny Island


A Section of the class
My office is close to the community primary school with a population of about 300 pupils by Wilbros Pipeline Bonny Island.  Every time I leave the office I see pupils playing in water or jumping around their empty classrooms with no teacher or proper activity going on, and grasses around this school are so over grown making it look like an abandoned property
Today I felt I should take a tour of the school and ask Questions, take pictures and share for the world to see so there can be changes.
I got to the school at about 11:30am took pictures of the environment and got into a class that was calm. I approached the teacher and like little kids do, they all stood, hit the desk and said their normal salutation. After asking all the questions, these are what I found. See more Photos after cut.

  • A class meant for 30-35 pupils now accommodates over 50 pupils with over 50% of them sitting on the floor or lapped by another.
  • The Pupils spend over 2hrs everyday it rain to sweep out the water before they learn.
  • The Pupils Have no trained teacher, the two I saw there were on IT from the Teachers Training Institute. The pupils say sometimes primary 5 pupils come to teach Nursery and primary 1 and 2 how sad.
  • The classes Has no Windows, and in most of them no desk, no toilets and sometimes the water never really leaves the classrooms.
  • Students regularly fall ill as a result of the poor environment.
  • Grasses are over grown, making way for reptiles and more creping creatures to enter the classrooms.  
  • The teachers Complain they have not been paid and new teachers are coming from the state Government. 

Photos will help you see more of what I saw.

I want to call on every Bonny Citizen to help pass the message to the local Government to use a little of the abundant resources and renovate that school. Please share this post till something is done.

No Sits, so pupils are in other classes

No Windows

Waterlogged 

Over Grown Grasses.








No comments:

Post a Comment